Dr. Patkar’s Bovine Colostrum 60 Capsules (Nature’s First Food 60 Capsules)
- Bovine Colostrum is known as nature’s first food which comes to the rescue of an infant.
- It is a form of milk produced by the mammary glands in late pregnancy and the few days after giving birth.
- Colostrum is high in protein, high in Carbohyderates, high in antibodies, and low in fat.
- Colostrum provides life-supporting immune and growth factors that insure the health and vitality of the newborn. Colostrum is so important that most baby animals would simply die without it.
- Colostrum prevents us from being vulnerable to diseases, pollutants and allergens that are all around us and increasing in quantity and toxicity every day and every year.
- It is a complete formula of essential vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids & amino acids required for the optimal functioning of the body and maintaining overall health.
- For preventing upper airway infections in people who exercise: 10-20 grams of bovine colostrum daily for 8-12 weeks has been used.
- For diarrhea in people with HIV: 10-30 grams of bovine colostrum powder has been taken 1-4 times daily for 10-21 days.
- For the flu (influenza): 400 mg of a defatted freeze-dried bovine colostrum daily for 8 weeks has been used.
- For infectious diarrhea: 7 grams of bovine colostrum three times daily for 14 days has been used. For preventing infectious diarrhea, 3 grams of bovine colostrum once daily for 4 weeks has been used in children under 1-2 years-old, and 3 grams twice daily for 4 weeks has been used in children 2-6 years-old.
- For rotaviral diarrhea: 10 grams of bovine colostrum daily for 4 days, or 20-300 mL daily for up to 2 weeks, has been used.
Dr. Patkar’s Bovine Colostrum (Nature’s First Food 60 Capsules)
- It provides life-supporting immune and growth factors that insure the health and vitality of the newborn.
- Bovine Colostrum is so important that most baby animals would simply die without it.
- It prevents us from being vulnerable to diseases, pollutants and allergens that are all around us and increasing in quantity and toxicity every day and every year.
Possibly Effective for
- Upper airway infection in people who exercise. Research shows that taking bovine colostrum by mouth for 8-12 weeks can reduce of the number of episodes and symptoms of upper airway infections in people who exercise.
- Infectious diarrhea. Taking bovine colostrum seems to prevent infectious diarrhea from developing in adults, as well as children with a history of infectious diarrhea. It also seems to treat infectious diarrhea that has already developed in children. But it doesn’t appear to speed recovery from infectious diarrhea in children who are also taking an antibiotic.
- Diarrhea in people with HIV. Taking bovine colostrum helps reduce diarrhea in people with HIV. Most research has used hyperimmune bovine colostrum.
- The flu (influenza). Taking a specific type of bovine colostrum (Ad Colostrum, Corcon srl) by mouth for 8 weeks helps prevent the flu, including in people that have already been vaccinated against the flu and in people with heart disease who have a higher risk of getting the flu.
- Rotaviral diarrhea. Taking bovine colostrum seems to reduce diarrhea in children with diarrhea due to rotavirus. Most research has used hyperimmune bovine colostrum.